... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, November 20, 2006

LaDainian Tomlinson

I was lucky enough to draft this guy with the third pick in my fantasy draft (I would have taken him first, by the way), so I have been following his season more so than I usually would that of a running back on the Chargers.

All I can say is wow. I grew up watching Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith (you know, the Dancing with the Stars guy), so I though by default that there were always a couple of amazing backs in the league that could change a game each and every time they touched the ball. After Sanders' retirement and Smith's slide into mediocrity, I learned that greatness was not a given.

Now LT (yes, we can call him that) has come along and started to shred the records of Sanders, Smith, Walter Payton, and Jim Brown to itty bitty shreds.

Whenever this guy has a televised game over the next couple of years, be sure to watch it, even if it means missing your favorite team. There is a fairly good chance that something will happen that you'll end up telling your grand kids about.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home