... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Welcome

Well, my name is Chris James this is my blog. After a few posts on the West Virginia Hot Dog Blog, I decided to get my own blog. I will still be posting all of my Huntington area hot dog reviews over there but for my general rants, comments, musing and, miscellaneity I decided to get my own page so Stanton would not be held accountable for any of my mind spillage.

"...A Sour Apple Tree" refers to an old song that was sang during the Civil War and the West Virginia Mine Wars. Basically, folks would sing "We'll hang (name of enemy) from a sour apple tree" to the tune of "John Brown's Body."

Here I will post on all sorts of topics: politics, sports, culture, internet life, and who knows what else. Hang with me as I figure this thing out. Cheers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading your miscellaneity, Chris.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  
Blogger Stanton said...

When you get rich and famous, remember who gave you your big brak!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  
Blogger Stanton said...

I mean "break". Man, I hate not having spiel chock on these things.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"John Brown's Body" = "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (in terms of the melody) for those who aren't up on musical history - or Civil War stuff. ;)

Welcome to blogspot!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog has one of the best designs I've seen on blogspot.com.

Sunday, November 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home