... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Z TV

I am having mixed feelings about My Z TV:
  • Good-- Jessica Ralston and Amanda Barren deliver the news in a manner that is much fresher and hipper to someone of my age demo than any of the other area newscasts, even those on sister station WSAZ. By the way, remember the name "Jessica Ralston." She will be a star.
  • Bad-- In order to get the signal over the air, I have to purchase a pricey digital antenna.
  • Good-- They post their newscasts online.
  • Bad-- The way that WSAZ is handling their dispute with Time Warner Cable over the channel is muy tacky. While the commercials kinda irk me, it really chaps my arse when they report about it in the newscast. WSAZ already skips or skims over enough news; we don't need any more airtime to be sacrificed 'cause Gray Television and the big bad MNC can't play nicey-nice.
  • Good-- A Different World reruns.
  • Bad-- Crappy everything else.

Overall verdict: I kinda want My Z TV, but not enough to really do anything about it. I'll prolly just keep watching the 10 o'clock news from the previous night at my lunch break.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like MyZTV, and think it will develop micely. I wish they would promote mor elocal talent, though, like a new Mr. Cartoon-type show, or a locally produced talk show.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Chris James said...

Good idea. Maybe something with Dave Lavender, of the Herald-Dispatch and those weekend segments on WSAZ. He is bright and likable.

Have him do a weekly show in the same vein as his Dave Trippin' articles in the HD.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that idea a lot, Dave is an entertaining kinda guy.

I'd also love them to do a "Bloggers Corner" thing, where once a week on the news a blog is highlighted, and maybe some rountable blogger discussion of the goings-on in the community.

(That's an example of why I am not a TV Producer.)

But, it couldn't be worse than it is now, considering the schedule other than the newscast. I tuned in at 7pm last night to watch Oprah, because the TV Guide says there is a rebroadcast of it on MyZTV at that time. Instead, I saw about 15 mins of something called "Fashion House" which was produced with the same quality as my backyard short films...

Anyway,...Local talent with local shows. It's a winner in this market.

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that Jessica & Amanda are hot!

Thursday, December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather see Another World reruns that A Different World.

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Blogger Chris James said...

No way!

I have a pair of Dwayne Wade shades that I am totally rockin'(as soon I find the box in which they are stored).

Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home