... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Go NBC

It's good to see that NBC is trying really hard not to suck, which is a drastic improvement over the past few years, where it seemed to be attempting to do just the opposite. To me, NBC is television. I grew up in the era of Cosby, Cheers, Seinfeld, Night Court, etc. when NBC was the source of all quality TV while ABC skewed young and CBS went for the geriatric crowd and Fox was basically Married...With Children and/or The Simpsons.

NBC's Thursday lineup is the first two hour comedy block in quite some time that doesn't have at least one show that makes me want to stab out my eyes with a spork. The Monday dramas are great, too (Heroes, Studio 60), although I could live without the Howie Mandel game show thing.

What about y'all? What network is putting on the best lineup? What about new show, any of them got you excited?
.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

I agree that NBC is on the move. They have some really well written comedies (My Name Is Earl and The Office, for two), and I love Studio 60. I just hope it finds it's way with the audience.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Stanton said...

The Golf Channel rocks!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Lantern said...

I'm really liking that new show Deadwood!

It's what? When? No kidding.

Uhhh, never mind.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007  
Blogger jedi jawa said...

"Battlestar Galactica" on Sci-Fi Channel ... the best show currently on television!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007  
Blogger JDB said...

"Battlestar Galactica" on Sci-Fi Channel ... the best show currently on television!

But they need to wrap up this Starbuck-Apollo love quadrangle PDQ or I'm gonna get pissed.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home