... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Friday, January 12, 2007

This does not look good.

Today the Herald-Dispatch is reporting that Moe's Southwestern Grill and Feast of the Dragon have unexpectedly "closed for remodelling."

Yeah right.

How many places are we waiting for to re-open from remodelling?

To borrow from Judge Judy, "don't pee on my leg and tell me that it's raining."

The Feast was very good, but I am more of a take-out guy than a buffet guy when it comes to Chinese food. Give me New China Garden (the place on 6th Ave and 8th St) any day. If you get $30 worth of takeout there, they give you a free order of General Tso's chicken. And trust me, a family of three can eat off of $30 worth of their food for a week.

I never bothered to go to Moe's, as my heart still aches for Calamity Cafe and I was never really ready for a new southwestern joint.

Hopefully one of those buildings can be filled with retail space of some sort, which is what Pullman Square needs anyhow.
.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

I'll be damned...I gave my mother-n-law a $30 gift certificate to Feast Of The Dragon for Christmas...

Somebody owes me a bunch of eggrolls.

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Donutbuzz said...

Say it so, Moe's!

Seriously. Why is it that any restaurant I dig closes?

I'm looking forward to the Five Guys hamburger joint opening.

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Blogger jedi jawa said...

Moe's is awesome. It was bought by Subway as a fresher and healther alternative the Chipotle's that was bought by McDonald's to compete with Subway in the first place. We have both in Ohio and while Chipotle's tastes better it is greasy and bad for you in a way that Moe's is much less so (and Moe's has some very tasty dishes). Bummer!

Friday, January 12, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

Five Guys crapped out, but that cheesesteak place looks about ready to open.

Monday, June 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home