... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, January 15, 2007

What can I say that is useful at all?

I don't think there is anything at all that is useful that I can say about the Emmons Jr. apartment fire, but here's my shot....

Go give money. What you can.

Or gather some extra, unneeded clothes.

Or make some sandwiches for the workers and/or the displaced.

Or, if you are the political type, demand better fire safety in Huntington's older apartment buildings.

Or pray/meditate/mourn/think (whatever your thing may be).

Just don't sit around in shock like I have done.

I'm off to raid the penny jug.

And write some letters.
.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

You're right, Chris. Whatever action that any of us in this town can take may seem so small compared to the tragedy that happened. But each of those small, individual efforts will add up to a difference. For some, at least.

How incredibly shocking...

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Barbie Girl said...

Very sad.

I've dug out my penny jug as well.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home