... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Too bad Studio 60 is likely done...

Last week's episode of Studio 60, titled "The Friday Night Slaughter," was one of the finest pieces of television that I have seen in a long time. It seemed more like a good play than an episode of a network TV drama.

You can watch it here. It looks like we may have seen the last of S60 on NBC, so enjoy while it is still online.
.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jedi jawa said...

Such is the nature of good television. So why do you think it failed?

Thursday, February 22, 2007  
Blogger JDB said...

There was a good bit on Studio 60 from the critic in USA Today about where the show went wrong and what promise it once had. I wish I had linked to it when I found it (alas . . .). IIRC, it was that basically the show-within-a-show sucked beyond belief yet supposedly didn't (unlike the one on SportsNite that was a bottom feeder) so that we didn't care about it being made. Then the shift to the romantic stuff didn't really work, either. I dunno - I'll miss it, but I expect not that much.

Sunday, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

That is a very good summary of S^0's problems.

I was never convinced that America would gather 'round every Friday night to watch Studio 60 on NBS as "event television" like you were to believe.

I also never bought into the Jordan-Danny thing either.

Monday, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home