... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

13.2: Hybrid mode

As of this evening, WOWK's 13.2 is now a hybrid of its two previous incarnations.

In other words, it is the Doppler radar map with CBS sound.

Frankly, this isn't too bad. There is lots of storm activity on the maps. Couple it with Mandy Patinkin describing a serial killer, and you, my friend, have destination television.

It looks like 13.2 is going to be mostly a standard def digital feed of 13.1 (the HD feed) with the Doppler map when it is a' stormin' something fierce, like it is tonight.

More to come, I'm sure...
.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stanton said...

I've got this image stuck in my head of Chris sitting in front of the TV for hours on end, watching 13.2, so he can bring us these riveting reports.

"Honey!? Can you bring me a beer? I think they're getting ready to put up a new test pattern and I don't want to miss it!"

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I guess, in my heart of hearts, something is hoping that someday, all TV channels will have digital sub-channels featuring Jessica Ralston.

So I watch...

Thursday, March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home