... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Dixie Chili four-ways, WV style

One of my all-time favorite dishes has to be Cincinnati chili served as a "four-ways" (spaghetti, chili, cheese, and onions). Noticing the massive stash of ramps that my relatives in Richwood had hooked me up with last week, this fondness for the chili of our neighbors to the west gave me an idea on how to eat some of these ramps in a manner that didn't result in my transformation into a temporary pariah at work.

So I whipped up a four-ways using Dixie Chili (I also had Gold Star and Skyline, but I guessed correctly that Dixie's milder flavor would best mingle with the pungency of the wild leek). Feast your eyes on the delicious result:

Could this be the dish that brings peace between the ever-feuding and genetically-linked (I'd say about 1/2 of Ohio's population has at least one grandparent from WV) citizenry of OH and WV together? Probably not, but we can hope.
.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

As a Cincy native I'm offended that you defiled a 4-way with ramps. ;)

RedZeppelin

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

Man, you'd really hate it when I top one with french-fried onions 'cause I'm too lazy to chop an onion.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home