... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Wow, I stink.

Well, I just got done frying up a big mess of ramps that I plan on eating over the weekend and, boy howdy, do I smell like the little stinkers. It probably doesn't help any that I kept eating them in every stage of preparation, from raw to perfectly fried.

Oh snap, I forgot that I have to go to a function tomorrow. What do I do?

1) I could put on patchouli, eat mints, smoke a few cigars, drink apple cider vinegar, shower in imported rose water from France, and try to cover it up

OR

2) I can do what any self-respecting West Virginian would do: wear it as a badge of pride. If they don't like it, there is a big river right over yonder that they can swim across until the stink dies down.

Have a good weekend, everyone, especially if your going to a ramp dinner.
.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

LOL

That smell comes out your pores, too. Whew...

For some reason, people always told be peanut butter would mask the smell. Not smearing it on, mind you, but eating it. I never tried it, but...

Saturday, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Rick Lee said...

Oh! Is it ramp time already? I know where a patch grows near my house. I should go out there and grab some.

Saturday, April 14, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

Grab them now before they start to flower.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

Mmmmm, ramps! Must really be spring despite the frigid wind!

Maybe Ben and Jerry's (not smearing it on, mind you, but eating it ;-) would help cover the smell. Certainly worth a try!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I bet a sizable donation to their favorite charity could get ramp ice cream made.

If I can make the jump from upper-lower-middle class to lower-middle-upper class, I'll get my checkbook.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home