... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It came from the streets...

If you really want to get rid of something in Huntington, you don't haul it to the dump. Instead, you just, in the words of Ron Popeil, "set it and forget it" out on the curb and, sho'nuff, it is gone in a couple of hours.

Over the years, I've contributed lots of crap to the city's semi-usable trash industry: a boom box, lots of kit furniture, a busted recliner, two broken computer chairs, and the world's heaviest sleeper sofa have all found their way from my possession to domiciles in Guyandotte or to the Proctorville Flea Market by my employment of this method of waste disposal.

In fact a bright pink disk chair of which my wife disposed a few years back can still be seen on a porch near Ritter Park.

This weekend, however, I turned the tables on the system. I snagged a well-maintained retro plush chair that some moving college student down the block sat on the curb.

That's genuine gold velour that your feasting your eyes on there.


As much as I loved the fabric, my wife and I opted to cover it with a sheet on the off-chance that it had either served as the BJ chair or was the centerpiece of somebody's jack shack.


Still, it sure beats forcing company to sit on a fouton or a stool and, most importantly, the flat arms allow me to eat while watching the tube.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JDB said...

Still, it sure beats forcing company to sit on a fouton or a stool

And if you don't like the company, you can take the sheet off first!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

We still have the stool for such occasions :)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home