... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ok, time to render unto Caeser...

Over the past few days, ...ASAT has been kinda hard on Tony Blair. But to be fair, he did manage to keep his job for ten years and went out on terms slightly better than his three immediate predecessors. During Blair's time in office, the world did see some dramatic changes and the "Cool Britannia" period was arguably a high water mark for Britain's contribution to the world's popular culture.

On a personal note, my readers can prolly guess that I'm something of an Anglophile. My personal love affair with the blessed plot began in 1999, so any British current event that I gave a remote rat's ass about happened under his watch. Although I have come to regard Blair as a spinmeister, a lap dog, and a closeted righty, I have to admit that my heart will always have a soft spot for T to the B.

Therefore, I found a song from right around the same time that Blair entered office from Oasis, a band that ironically seemed so full of promise but proved to be a disappointment in the new millennium. Ignoring what we now know, both the song and the man seemed to be a glimpse of the hope and glory that would soon come. Despite the fact that Blair and Oasis ended up letting us all down, let us pretend, for a minute about what might have been.

Let's pretend for a minute that anyone other than John Reid is thinking "Tony, don't go away." (click link for youtube video).
.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Lantern said...

Best case scenario: Noel Gallagher is chosen to be Blairs replacement.

Come to think of it, the Gallagher bros have alternatley been my write-in canidates in the last three presidential elections....over here!

And that link is dead.

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I fixed the link.

As for the Bros. Gallagher, I've always been partial to Noel. In fact, all of my fave Oasis performances are from that string of shows where Liam was pretending to be sick back in the mid-90s.

Saturday, May 12, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Lantern said...

Me too! >insert highpitched girly squeal here<

Noel acoustic is the best, and I also have a version of SOTSOG...with Noel singing all of the songs!

Hit me up if you want a copy :D

Saturday, May 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home