... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, June 11, 2007

...ASAT food review: Burger King's BBQ Bacon TenderCrisp

Last November, a friend of mine told me that BK was test marketing a new TenderCrisp sandwich with bacon and barbeque sauce and I nearly peed my pants with excitement. You see, I would rate the TenderCrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch sandwich from a couple of years ago as among the five or six greatest American culinary achievements of all time (and the commercial was among the best TV adverts ever made, to boot).

Well, today was the day when I finally got to try the new BBQ Bacon TenderCrisp and, I must say, I was mildly disappointed.

I guess my biggest complaint would be the lack of cheese. I paid $3.81 after tax, and for that amount BK could certainly drop a slice of cheddar or pepperjack on there to go with the bacon. The zing of cheddar was part of what made the TCBCR so special, and I really missed it on this sandwich.

Everything else about it was fine, and it really is a pretty good sandwich. I guess it all comes down to this: the Bacon Cheddar Ranch was sooooo delicious, why would anyone pull it from the menu in favor of half-assed rehashes.
To Burger King: thanks for trying, but knock it off and bring back the TCBCR right now!

Or at least pony up for some cheese.
.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

What is it about taking one's own pictures of fast food that always makes them look completely unappealing, but in real life they look much tastier?

Monday, June 11, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

Commercial photography of food is much much much harder than it seems.

For example, Stanton and I have to take about three or four photos of a hot dog, as slaw causes digital cameras to blur focus for some reason.

Monday, June 11, 2007  
Blogger muzeuterpe1 said...

Slaw is always in motion, that's why. :)

Monday, June 11, 2007  
Blogger All Click said...

Maybe it's like the effect from "The Ring" and the slaw is cursed?

I read a lengthy article in "Tidbits" about how they professionally photograph food. It's completely inedible when they finish painting it and gluing stuff on etc.. I do hope your pictures are real and not faked :-p

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I'm too poor to buy food to mess with and photograph. If I drop $4 on a sam'mich, I'm damn well gonna eat it.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home