... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, July 30, 2007

...ASAT food review: the sushi bar at the Kroger in Barboursville


As part of their massive remodeling project, the Kroger in Barboursville has added a take-away sushi bar. The trained sushi chefs make a variety of raw and non-raw dishes using shrimp, tuna, salmon, and other sea creatures.

While I will eat raw sushi if I have enough belts of Saki to kill off any tapeworm and/or give me a false sense of invincibility, for the sake of a healthy post-Hot Dog Fest dinner, I stuck with the smoked salmon and avocado rolls.

They include a dollop of wasabi, a packet of high-quality soy sauce, and some pickled ginger.

Overall, I would have to give it high marks (for this area, anyway). It was comparable to that at the sushi bar on 4th Ave. at a fraction of the price ($6-7 vs. $10+).

I think the six pack of beer and the buffalo-style pretzels bits have been officially replaced as my unnecessary weekly grocery impulse buy...
.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

ooooooh...sushi.....

I think you should put a warning label on such posts to give innocent surfers fair warning before stumbling upon such pictures! ;-)

Now hopelessly craving raw fish....

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Anonymous Hoyt said...

In Charleston, it was the Ashton Place Kroger's for my impulse sushi buys. I had the tuna sushi about a week ago from the Barboursville Kroger's, so now it looks like I'll be back to the impulse sushi buying like you.

Monday, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I rationalize it like this: it is cheaper than eating out just about anywhere other than Sam's Hot Dog Stand or Taco Bell.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home