... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Flat iron steak, take 2

Today we had the rest of the flat iron steak, this time rubbed with Tom Douglas' "Rub with Love"Chinese 12 Spice Rub. I was going to grill it with a habenero, too, but my wife firmly vetoed that idea.

While it gave it a snappy crust and an interesting spicy-sweet taste, I think that I am partial to the basic sea salt and fresh pepper version from Sunday. A cut that juicy and tender needs to have its natural flavor enhanced, not masked.

Note: I left off the onions this time, just for Stanton and JDB...
.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home