... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

WV PBS's D TV setup is flabbergasting

Yesterday West Virginia PBS brought minor excitement and mild irritation into my life.

First, I woke up to 3 "new" channels on my digital TV receiver: 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3 (WSWP out of Beckley). While they were identical to 33.1-33.3, it was convenient to have them in the VHF band where I wouldn't hafta sort through a bunch of home shopping and fuzzy analog channels.

Well, last night, right in the middle of a Cadfael mystery, the whole thing went to pot. The digital channels started flooding with binary code mumbo-jumbo and the analog channel up 'n froze. After a few minutes, all the DTV sub-channels went blank.

As of Sunday morning, the analog signal is back, but the digital signals are still out.

Argh.

Update: Alswell at 1:30. The DTV channels are back.

Gotta love being on the threshold of a technological frontier.
.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JDB said...

So that's what happened - I was looking forward to a Python fix but only got the DirecTV white screen of death. :(

Sunday, July 01, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I feel your pain. Now if I want to find out how Cadfael figured out who tried to steal the remains of St. Winifred, I have to actually read a book. :( :)

Monday, July 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home