... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

...ASAT frozen food review: Stouffer's Corner Bistro Panini

Ever since the Marshall University's Memorial Student Center crapeteria installed a panini grill in the late 90s, I've been a fan of the Italian style of grilled sandwiches. When Stouffer's revealed a panini as part of their Corner Bistro line, I knew I'd want to check it out. However, the sam'miches are usually priced at around $3.50, which is more than I am willing to pay for most freshly-made fast food sandwiches, much less something from the freezer. Last week, however, they were $2 at Kroger, so I figured now is as good of a time as any.

I had the Classic Italian Deli variety with Italian meats, cheeses, and peppers and a vinaigrette dressing. The fillings are tasty, spicy, and well-balanced. The toast is not as purty as it is on the box (the "revolutionary grilling" tray is mildly, but not entirely, disappointing) but still has a crunch that seems more like something from a toaster oven than the nukerowave.

Pros: No part of the sandwich tastes frozen, all of the ingredients are quality, the bread is toasty, easy to prepare.

Cons: Slightly greasy from fat rendered out of salami and pepperoni, the fake grill marks were kind of pointless, somewhat pricey if not on sale.

Not too bad for a frozen sandwich. I dunno if I will pay over $3 for it, but I might very well stock up in the future if the price point hits $2.25 or less.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home