... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

...ASAT fake Emmy ballot: shows

Outstanding Drama Series
Boston Legal
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes
House
The Sopranos


This boils down to the two shows that I can actually be bothered to watch: House and Heroes. While I love the Hugh Laurie as House, I have to give the nod to Hiro and Co. for a show that effectively weaves several plot lines into one satisfying narrative while finding the time for some pretty cool special effects that unleash the full power of those fancy HD TVs we've all been buying over the past several months. Rarely have I bit my nails with anticipation for a second season as much as I am now for this new crop of episodes.


Outstanding Comedy Series
Entourage
The Office
30 Rock
Two and a Half Men
Ugly Betty


Don't get me wrong, The Office is great. 30 Rock, on the other hand, is the funniest American sitcom since Seinfeld's halcyon days (yup, it even tops the postmodernist darling Arrested Development). The writing works on levels ranging from sight gags to subtle pop culture references and the acting is top notch (especially Jack McBrayer). As long as it can survive in the brain dead reality show era, this year should be the first of many big Emmy halls for a future classic.


Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
The Amazing Race
American Idol
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
Top Chef


Top Chef is the only one of these that doesn't make me want to lock myself in a closet and cut on myself while listening to emo music, so I guess it gets my check mark.


Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series
Late Night With Conan O'Brien
Late Show With David Letterman
Real Time With Bill Maher
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart

Conan has and always will rule. 'Nuff said.
.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

"The Next Food Network Star" was way more entertaining than any of those other reality shows...only the last few episodes though.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

I was a huge mark for Hell's Kitchen, even though it was pretty obvious who would win from day one. Rock was the only one who was qualified for the job.

I wish that'd gotten a nom.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh, totally (Hell's Kitchen). Now that we're done watching that, we're getting into the Hell's Kitchen UK with Marco Pierre White. Apparently, he made Ramsay cry once. He had me rolling when he said "I didn't MAKE Gordon cry. Gordon CHOSE to cry. It was his choice."

Good stuff! And the guy who does their commentary is full of one-liners and snarky comments.

Saturday, September 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home