... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inspiration from The Simpsons

Since becoming a father, there has been one image from The Simpsons that has really struck a nerve with me:

The sign, located in front of Homer's desk at the power plant, is supposed to read "Don't Forget, You're Here Forever."

It reminds me that, when your a parent, you really do set aside everything else for your child. All of the sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll of the past is crap compared to the joy you get from a big hug from your child.

Yes, there are lots of things about my life I wish were different or that I wish I could still do. But, you know what? You buckle down and take shit 'cause it isn't about you anymore. It is about the kid now.

That being said, every time I watch my son make a new discovery, I realized that, by trading my old life and opportunities for all things new, I made the steal of a lifetime.
.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

Excellent post, Chris.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Rebecca said...

:)

Tuesday, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Rebecca Burch said...

So true.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007  
Blogger Jackie Lantern said...

I feel ya Chris.
This is one of "those" posts I'll read over and over, so thanks!

Thursday, October 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home