... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Maybe Bray Cary knows something that we don't.

In a commentary posted on West Virginia Media Holdings websites, the company's CEO and strident WVU booster Bray Cary has proposed that Joe Manchin, as representative of (most of) the state, could somehow talk Rich Rodriguez into staying in Morgantown.

I don't know if Cary overheard something at a local Rich White Guy Club or is just blowing the smoke of wishful thinking up our collective ass, but it could be an interesting plot twist if there is any truth at all to the story.

Can he be brought back from Ann Arbor? Would he have any interest turning down a top 15 program for his old job? Were he and Garrison playing each other's bluff?

If so...

Could the fans forgive RichRod? Can he ever really be trusted again? Can Rodriguez look past all of the mean things that have been said about him? On the other hand, does he now see the fans as petty and vindictive? Does he think that the administration are a bunch of overwhelmed flunky tools?

Keep your ear to the ground, folks, this has the makin's of some good ol' fashioned Mountain State drama...

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger JDB said...

Oh, please, don't do this. I think a lot of football fans around the country sympathize with the anger a lot of WVU fans feel. But to go crying up to Ann Arbor with a "oh, baby, please, I can change!" offer is just pathetic. It's over. Hire the new guy and move on.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007  
Blogger Blonde Goddess said...

You're not kidding when you say that WVU fans are angry.

A local DJ was suspended this morning for playing Michigan's school song and making comments about being happy for Michigan' good fortune.(The DJ is from Michigan.)
The manager from the station had someone call him on the air several times and warn him to stop talking about Michigan or he would be suspended without pay.

After those threats,I believe it became an issue of free speech, I don't think his occasional comments about Michigan were that important to him. So he continued by playing the Michigan song again. That's when he got suspended.

His comments and actions were not obnoxious or vicious.IN fact I've seen him at many WVU games in WVU garb. I believe he is a fan of both teams. Of course one needs to understand that moving to a new state does not erase all of your old allegiances. I know many WVU fans who live elsewhere and remain loyal...why should it be any different for anyone else from another state?

Yes,losing the WVU coach is a blow, but jeopardizing our freedom of speech over it, is insane.

I listen to stuff on the radio or TV all the time that upsets me.
Guess what I do?
I turn it off.

Pretty simple, huh?

I just couldn't believe the entire thing.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

What DJ? Which station?

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger JDB said...

It was "Coach Kidd" on 102.7 in Charleston (I think - I listen to Bob & Tom in the morning). There was a blurb in the paper about it. Apparently he was kicked off the air after playing "Hail to the Victors" for the fourth time in a half an hour or something.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger JDB said...

. . . and then I read the new post! That'll teach me to read from the bottom up.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger Buzzardbilly said...

Oh, why would anyone want to try to lure him back at this point. That's just insane. Move on.

Heard about the DJ story. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Well, okay, the Jamie Lyn Spears being pregnant at 16 and keeping it thing did come out of left field.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger MountainLaurel said...

The fourth time in a half hour? Isn't that a bit excessive? Yes, there's a freedom of speech issue, but there's also the practical issue of advertisers pulling ads because of people like BG (and I, if I lived in the area) turning it off. Sounds like insubordination to me after he'd been told to do lighten up several times and failed to.

And there is no way on earth, in hell, or anywhere else in between that I would want Fraudriguez back. Fool me once, shame on me....

Thursday, December 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home