... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

You can't buy publicity like this...

102.7, a radio station in Charleston, pulled a DJ off of the air for playing the Michigan fight song 4 times. Apparently some WVU fans called to complain and the manager yanked Coach Kidd.

That earned them coverage on SI.com and, more importantly, ...ASAT.

Tomorrow, expect Miller in the Morning to go into great detail about how OU's Halloween party pwns our Nightmare on Elm Street.

Thanks to The Blonde Goddess for the heads-up.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Buzzardbilly said...

I just figured it was a publicity play on the DJ's part so that some Michigan station would offer him a job from the publicity.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007  
Blogger All Click said...

I thought this was funny! It's just a game, right? I bet they are loving the publicity though. I'm tempted to listen to the station just to hear him return!

Thursday, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Blonde Goddess said...

Actually I don't know the DJ personally, but a mutual friend of mine and his co-host(Libby) said the entire thing was very real and very stressful.There were a lot of complaints and they weren't nice ones either.

If you read the comments on WSAZ below the story, you'll see that there were some very real complaints about him playing the Michigan fight song.

Here's the link...

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12629131.html

My favorite comments? This one...

Posted by: Christie: If Coach Kidd wants to hear the Michigan fight song, he should go to Michigan. The people of West Virginia are a tight knit group of folks...and we don't need someone with like him digging deeping in our wounds. Kudo's to the management for his suspension...they should make it permanent. He needs to go back to Michigan where he can play it all he wants!

and this one....

Posted by: angery: Send him to Michigan to, we dont need people like that rubing this in our face I hope I dont have to hear him on the radio anymore. Doesnt he know where he lives this is West Virginia Boy.

Thankfully there are people (especially my WV blog friends) who make me feel welcome in this state regardless of where I was born or what character traits I keep from my home state.
The comments above at WSAZ were disheartening to me. It really made me feel isolated.

Thursday, December 20, 2007  
Blogger Chris James said...

Somehow I suspect that "angery" did not attend WVU.

Thursday, December 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home