... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

...ASAT beer review: Bud Light Chelada

A couple of weeks ago, I commented on an odd beer sighting at Kroger, something called "Budweiser Chelada." I promised to try it out and report my results here, and well, I was mildly surprised.

After reading some comments about how bad it tasted on some message boards, I was expecting canned grossness. Instead, I found something that wasn't entirely horrible.

It sorta tasted like a bland-ish bloody mary that had sat around long enough for the ice cubes to melt. It was by no means great and I would not buy it again, but I could see how a properly prepared chelada beer could be a tasty summertime treat. I would guess that subbing V8 & Corona for the Clamato and Bud Light would be a good call, as would adding some Worcestershire sauce and some sort of Mexican hot sauce.

I give the Bud Light product 2 out of 5 drunken Texans and the concept, as a whole, 3.5 out of 5 drunken Texans. I'm totally gonna try this from a bar the next time that I'm in Texico.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

You nailed it.. This stuff would absolutely destroy if you subbed V8 or Tomato Juice for the Clamato..
Too fishy as is.. a shot of worcstershire wouldn't hurt either. I still pound a couple of these every week.

Scott

Monday, November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home