... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Voting for Joe DeLong's Mom

I don't know if you have seen them yet, but Joe DeLong, House of Delegates Majority Leader and candidate for the Democratic nomination for Secretary of State, seems to be in search of the GILF-hunter vote by running two TV adverts that heavily feature his mother.

The first one is relatively tame, as he reads rather safe and vanilla pro-senior citizens soundbite:





OK, fair enough. But the next one is a bit, hmm, well...it might indicate some mommy issues:





If he doesn't do a good job, she is going to beat him with a wooden spoon. As a child, one of my friends was beaten by an unbalanced mother with wooden spoons on a regular basis. They messed him up real good. If I was DeLong, I'd be terrified of her, too.

To heck with Joe, I want his mom to take the job. She could scare the bejesus out of anyone trying to commit electoral fraud or, um, whatever else the Keeper of the State Seal does.
I don't know, though. The whole thing reminds me of a certain movie from a few decades back:

A WVSoS's best friend is his mother.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

lol
I'm glad you posted about this. Those adverts are on the fringe off "super creepy". It kinda says "I'll be a great candidate because my Mom will be around" but it also says "When you elect me, my mommy will run the show while I play in the sand pit".

Wednesday, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Wabi-Sabi said...

My wife HATES those commercials too.

"GILF"

Heh heh

Wednesday, April 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home