... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

My grandfathers breathed coal dust, asbestos, and chlorine gas so that my parents could go to a local college.

My father endured an unholy trinity of students, parents, and administrators so that I could attend an in-state university.

I toil with calloused hands and carpal tunnel in the earth sciences so that my son pursue the education of his choice, whatever that might be.

Happy Father's Day to anyone who ever busted their ass so that someone else could have it a little better.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Excellent post Chris James!

And a Happy Father's Day to ya :D

Sunday, June 15, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

Thanks, J-money.


You too.

Monday, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home