... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Skyline 4-Way Veggie Burger with 4-Way Potatoes

Having stocked up recently on Skyline Chili after a sale, I've now gotta come up with some new ways to eat the Queen City's ambrosia. So while digging around the freezer, I came across some Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime Veggie Burgers and a bag of McCain Roaster potatoes.

I can work with this.

I bake the burger 'n taters for about 17 minutes in the convection oven:



Then I pour on the Skyline:



And cover it with finely-shredded chedder cheese:


And some Vidalia onions:



I'm serving it with an ice-cold Löwenbräu:



The burger is mighty tasty and gets 4 out of 5 diet conscious Reds fans. It would make for a great game-time meal for an Ohio River Valley sports fan seeking out an exercise in partial gluttony. The potatoes, on the other hand, suffered from an overpowering rosemary flavor that distracted from the Greek spices in the chili. It gets only 2 out of 5 underwhelming presidential candidates.

.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger jennyville said...

Mmm, gardenburger... Skyline should be paying you for all these recipe ideas. lol

Tuesday, June 24, 2008  
Blogger RedZeppelin said...

Lowenbrau?!? I didn't know they still made that stuff.

The burger looks fantastic.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

They import it from Germany now.

As for payment, putting a Skyline in Huntington would suffice.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008  
Blogger All Click said...

Hmm I thought I left a comment here yesterday! oops. Anyhoo it was something like...what the heck is skyline and I can't believe your still using those onions :-p

Wednesday, June 25, 2008  
Blogger Andy said...

looks good enough to be airbrushed.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

allclick: Skyline is a Cincinnati-style chili that is served over pasta (or fries or hot dogs) and topped with shredded mild chedder and optional onions or kidney beans. They sell it with the other chilis at the Walmarts and Krogers in the Huntington area.

Seriously, though, have you tried a Vidalia onion? They are sooo much better than those rotten yellow gopher turds you get back in Blighty (or even here during the winter).

andy: I'll take that as a compliment. If you've seen any of my other photoshops, you'll know that I could never fake something so appealing. :)

Thursday, June 26, 2008  
Blogger All Click said...

I am getting the courage to try scallions. I think I accidently ate one at a Thai restaurant and it wasn't half bad. But I will venture forth and try a Vidalia Onion. Like George Costanza. *chomp*

"rotten yellow gopher turds" lol

Thursday, June 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home