... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Country Ham Bagelwich with Cream Cheese and Vidalia Onions



I used some of that sliced country ham that they sell at Kroger and some diced Vidalia onions, which I fried with the ham.

The fault with this sandwich was that there was too much salty ham on there to balance the flavor. About halfway though, I scarfed the remainder of one of the two slices and then ate the rest. It was a major upgrade.

The real lesson learned here, however, is just how good Vidalias tastes when fried with country ham. It takes the guesswork out of salting and adds a bit of stank to it that only some ol' nasty, funky country ham can provide.

I give it 3.5 out of 5 Virginians in a hurry to get to work in the morning.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger RedZeppelin said...

Can you start posting those after lunch? I'm starving!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

I bet Tudor's could make you one, although it is company policy to teabag the food of anyone using the word "bagelwich" in the store.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008  
Blogger jennyville said...

I've found it quite helpful to soak country ham in water for half an hour or so prior to frying. It draws out some of the salt while making it a bit moister... and god knows that shit could stand to lose a little salt!

Looks tasty. I don't think I've ever combined ham and cream cheese before... mmm.

Sunday, August 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home