... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

...and I feel fine

Right now we stand at one of those lame cliche turning points in history where we might be on the precipice of tons of new possible historical epochs. World-wide depression? The decline of the American hegemony? Beachfront property in Hardy County? A complete collapse of the Middle East economy sue to alternative fuels? It's all on the table right now.

As for me, I'm cool. You know, during the Great Depression, they asked some black folk about the economic woes. To paraphrase, one guy said something like "What depression? I just white folk as poor as I am now." Well, I don't have a mortgage, as it would have been irresponsible to have taken one out in our situation, so I can't really feel sorry for the soft-skulled suburbanites who didn't read the fine print and might have to---gasp---move back into an apartment. The same goes for Wall Street. These assholes have been trying to jack my interest rate for years, thinking that I wouldn't call and bitch out their outsourced underlings at the call centers in India, DC, and Appalachia. Now I'm supposed to give a fuck when these guys get their come-uppins? Hell no.

It might be the end of y'all's world (but, hell, I feel fine).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger RedZeppelin said...

You know, part of me feels the same way. I have a mortgage but it's a fixed rate and well within my means. I have no credit card debt. I have some money in the bank. And if worse comes to worse, I have plenty of bullets and there are a lot of deer in my neighborhood. I'm wondering why I should care about a govt. bailout.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

I've got seven squirrel traps set up all around Ritter Park, but thus far I've only caught a weenie dog (tastes like chicken) and a manorexic jogger (too stringy, I threw him back).

Tuesday, September 30, 2008  
Blogger JDB said...

LEONARD BERNSTEIN!

Sorry, it's a reflex.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home