... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Andouille Sausage Dog with Cincinnati Chili Four-Way Fries

The other day I had a fat free lunch of hoppin' john and rice, so I had me some room to maneuver come dinner time. Here's what I did to bring balance into my diet:

I topped an Andouille sausage with pan-fried Vidalia onions and Cleveland Stadium Mustard and served it with some fries topped with Skyline Chili, finely shredded cheddar cheese, diced Vidalia onion, and Frank's Red Hot.

In the interest of health, I paired the meal with a Diet A&W Cream Soda.

I give this meal a 4.5 out of 5 low dose aspirins. I would like to try this using some McDonald's fries. I might lay off on the onions once the sweet onions get scarce.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger RedZeppelin said...

Man, that looks terrific.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

I think that I could win on "Top Chef" with this dish alone.


"For the pan-Asian fusion dessert challege, you again made sausage 'n Cincy fries."

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Anonymous Muze Euterpe said...

Ok, so -- What are your thoughts on brautworst, saurkraut, & hot pepper rings?

I've been fixing those frequently, trying different types of brauts. Haven't found any that makes a noticable difference.

Served with cold Amberbach.

Monday, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

The least healthy aspect of the entire meal is the diet drink. It would have been safer to serve it with cyanide.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

Got hyperbole? :)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008  
Blogger RedZeppelin said...

Muze, I've learned that the secret to great brats is to poke a few tiny holes in the skin on each side then simmer them on the stove in beer and onions for just a bit. Then throw them on the grill to finish

They're awesome that way. And yes, sauerkraut is a must, along with some dark mustard.

Now that's good eats.

Thursday, September 18, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

Listen to the guy from Cincy, y'all.

Thursday, September 18, 2008  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yummy use of those Vidalias!!

W. Brannen, Director
Vidalia Onion Comm.
VidaliaOnion.org

Wednesday, September 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home