... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

...ASAT Top Five Bob Evans Menu Items

1. Wildfire BBQ Sauce, pre-2001. The sauce used to be zestier, spicier, and, well, better tasting than it is now. I guess they had to tone it down for the "old white folk" demographic that seems to make up 80% of their customer base. But, man, it rawked on a bacon cheeseburger. I wish they would bring it back as "Wildfire Classic" or something.

2. Cobb Salad w/ Colonial Dressing. The salad has everything that one could possibly want on a salad (and then some) and the uber-sweet dressing goes well with all of that bacon and bleu cheese.

3. Spinach, Bacon, & Tomato Country Benedict. A warning: if your BE kinda sucks, they will screw up this riff on eggs Benedict. It will be too greasy or too soggy or under/over cooked or downright cold. The KineticPark Bob has never, ever, ever made this one right, while the locations in Teays Valley and 3rd Ave always hit it out of the park.

4. Sunshine Skillet. It's like the world's best breakfast biscuit (egg, sausage, cheese, gravy, taters) exploded on your plate and you get to clean it up.

5. Banana Bread. The addition of this sweet treat to the rolls and biscuits makes the pre-meal bread basket the best three-way this side of a Skyline Chili.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger RedZeppelin said...

Oh no, my friend. I must disagree. The Homestead Breakfast FTW!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

This is a trick list. Everything at Bob Evans is tasty.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008  
Blogger All Click said...

Sunshine Skillet? I don't remember seeing that on the menu or at least not paying much attention to it.

I love me that Country biscuit breakfast (biscuit, sausage gravy, Egg, cheese and tayturs). And the open faced sandwiches. Yum-O.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/business/342.html

Wednesday, October 29, 2008  
OpenID savedbythetorso said...

New Years Day 1994: I staggered into a Bob Evans for breakfast/lunch after a tiny bit of partying the night before. After eating way too much, I stumbled into the parking lot towards my car and realized I'd left my sunglasses on the table.

I went right back in to the table I'd just eaten at...and it had been bussed. And nobody knew where my sunglasses were. Nobody.

That day I vowed never to darken their door again...and I never have. So yeah, fucka Bob Evans.

Sunday, November 02, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

I have a friends who had a friend like that, cept it was a hoodie and not shades, and this asstard actually wore it to the said friends house once.

Monday, November 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home