... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Eggs, Almost Heaven

In an effort to teach the toddler about geography and nutrition, I tried using my West Virginia cookie cutter from Love's Hardware to fry him up an egg.


So far, so good.

The Eastern Panhandle bites the dust.

Deglazed pan with balsamic for kid-friendly sweetness and served on a matzo from my clearance stockpile.

Epilogue: He ate most of the white and mushed the yolk, eating only a little bit. I forgot to wash the cookie cutter and it corroded :( . I gotta get another one the next time I am downtown.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

Yes, yes yes. This is awesomeness. An Egg-cellent effort.
Now what eggs did you use? Eggs dont taste the same here as they did in blighty. I buy free-range "natural" eggs and they seem to be a little better...

Thursday, October 09, 2008  
Blogger Chris James said...

These are Eggland's Best, but I'd imagine that you could get them straight from the chicken's arse in Putnam Co.

Thursday, October 09, 2008  
Blogger crystal said...

It's true. Eggs strait from the chicken's arse are SOOOOO much better. I'll never eat an off the shelf egg again.
Backyard eggs actually have FLAVOR!
That is a SA-Weet cookie cutter!

Thursday, October 09, 2008  
OpenID muzeuterpe1 said...

Next time try pancake mix. We used to have a blast drizzling pancake mix on the griddle [NOT skillet!] in shapes of all kinds of stuff.

Sunday, October 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home