... A Sour Apple Tree
Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.
- Name: Christopher Scott Jones
- Location: Huntington, WV, United States
I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
To show my respects, here are the soulful sounds of Miss Sarah McLachlan:
Update for 8-12-08: Franchisees might buy the closed locations.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Food specialty blog round-up
- WV Hot Dog Blog. Duh
- Energy Drink Reviews. Wonder what any of the 350,000 energy drinks to flood the market last week tastes like? This guy knows.
- Fork You. Are you gonna be in the Charleston area for a conference and want to know where to get the best breakfast or Chinese food or fish sandwich? Give these guys a looksy.
- Sausage and Bread Blog. This guy has eaten every sausage sandwich served in metro London and sorts them out from worst to best.
- Slice. All pizza, all the time.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Hulk no like sarcasm.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Conversation in Target
Kid: "Star Wars!!!!"
Mom: "How do you know about Star Wars? Did you learn that at school?"
J. t-d'n C. (on crutches), the kid was 6 or 7 years old and the mother expected him to not know about The Saga?
My son is two, and if he could say more words than "I," "go," and "poop," he would totally be able to explain why Boba Fett is way superior to Jango Fett, despite being his clone.
Despite my outrage at this clear educational omission, the Scots-Irish (little l) libertarian in me judge this woman for being either a granola bonging loon or a tambourine-tappin' true believer. The mother seems otherwise nice and the kid is polite and well-adjusted, so there is no real need for moral panic or name calling.
But I will offer a warning.
Parents of Huntington: in three years, my son will be filling your kids' heads full of stories of Bib Fortuna, Tusken Raiders, and why Darth Vader should have used the Death Star on Naboo instead of Alderaan (hint: Jar Jar).
Thursday, July 24, 2008
The boy's lunch
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Country Ham Bagelwich with Cream Cheese and Vidalia Onions
I used some of that sliced country ham that they sell at Kroger and some diced Vidalia onions, which I fried with the ham.
The fault with this sandwich was that there was too much salty ham on there to balance the flavor. About halfway though, I scarfed the remainder of one of the two slices and then ate the rest. It was a major upgrade.
The real lesson learned here, however, is just how good Vidalias tastes when fried with country ham. It takes the guesswork out of salting and adds a bit of stank to it that only some ol' nasty, funky country ham can provide.
I give it 3.5 out of 5 Virginians in a hurry to get to work in the morning.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Rejected baby names
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Top Ten Pro Wrestler Man Boobs
Therefor, let us celebrate the top ten rassler mewbs of all time (click for photos):
10. Dino Bravo
8. Lex Luger
7. Mabel/Big Daddy V
6. Tony Atlas
4. Ahmed Johnson
3. Abdullah the Butcher
2. Adrian Adonis
1. Dusty Rhodes
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
A few weeks on...
Monday, July 14, 2008
Top O' The Mornin' To Ya
Friday, July 11, 2008
MLB Midseason Postseason Predictions
Red Sox over White Sox 3-2
Angels over Rays 3-1
Cubs over Diamondbacks 3-0
Brewers over Marlins 3-1
Red Sox over Angels 4-2
Cubs over Brewers 4-3
Red Sox over Cubs 4-1
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Veggie Burger with Bacon and Steak n Shake Chili Sauce
I give it 4.5 out of 5 contradictions. The veggie burger-bacon combo has always been a fave, and the Steak 'n Shake-style sauce only makes it better.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Top 10 Guys A Cleveland Browns Fan Wants To Kick In The Balls
2. John Elway, for The Drive (and AFC Championship games in general).
3. Any Steelers fan/player/coach/exec.
4. The ref we pelted with plastic beer bottles after he bent the instant replay rules to screw us out of a win a few years back.
5. Bill Belichick, for cutting Bernie Kosar.
6. Tim Couch, for crying during that press conference after Browns fans cheered his injury. Wuss.
7. Carmen "I Left My Brain in San Francisco" Policy. Way to bring us back.
8. Ernest "Butterfingers" Byner, for coughing up The Fumble.
9. Paul Brown, for giving the Cincinnati Bungholes our colors.
10. Mike Davis, for intercepting Red Right 88.
Monday, July 07, 2008
...ASAT Fake Emmy Finalist/Shortlist Ballot: Best Comedy and Drama Series
Comedy (from favorite to least favorite)
Flight of the Conchords
Two and a Half Men
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Friday Night Lights