... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, February 09, 2009

...ASAT Top Five French Fry Dipping Sauces

1. BBQ Sauce. When at a restaurant with BBQ sauce of any account, ask for some for your french fries. If the server is working for a tip, they should hook you up. At home, nuke up some Cattleman's or another good brand.

2. McDonald's ketchup. The sweet and tangy zip of the red stuff from the Arches makes any fries almost perfect.

3. Heinz ketchup. Almost as good as the stuff from Mickey D's and by far the best ketchup for french fries sold in stores.

4. Chili and Cheese. I like Cincinnati chili and mild cheddar, but I cannot say that I've ever had a truly bad order of chili cheese fries

5. Buffalo Wing Sauce. Just ask AllClick. I like mine with two part Frank's Red Hot, one part margarine, and garlic powder. He uses butter & fresh garlic, but he is all fancy 'n European. Either way, it's some good stuff.

So how do you get your dip on?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

You need to go back to France with your catsup, your cheese, and your fancy sauces. I'll stay in America and dip my fries where they belong...in the MAYONAISE!!!

Monday, February 09, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Mayo on fries is pretty good in Amsterdam but, for some reason, all food seems to taste really really good there.

Or so I'm told. I don't really remember.

Monday, February 09, 2009  
Blogger Lara said...

I always dip my fries in BBQ sauce if it's available to me. It's especially convenient on road trips since you can't very well deal with little ketchup packets in the car.

Monday, February 09, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

I have a technique for dipping fries in a ketchup packet while driving. I'll post a pic sometime.

Monday, February 09, 2009  
Blogger All Click said...

haha thanks for the mention!

I do love my hot fries! I even bought a mini chopper to get that garlic sliced up quickly.

Strange but true fact about me: I can't stand to dip Mcdonald's French Fries in ketchup. Once I do dip one it spoils the taste for the rest of the fries. But otherwise, I always use ketchup. Weeeeirrrddd.

Monday, February 09, 2009  
Blogger MountainLaurel said...

It's gotta be bleu cheese dressing. Ranch will do in a pinch. Yes, I spent way too much time in Morgantown.

Monday, February 16, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Blue cheese is pretty good on fries, especially when I'm eating Buffalo wings.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009  
Anonymous Nick said...

I am disappointed that nobody mentioned a frosty. Whenever i oet a frosty, I have to get some fries because the amazing combo of flavor.

Sunday, August 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...Jackie, you have it backwards, NO ONE in france uses ketchup on fries, they all use mayo. Americans use ketchup; french people think that's weird.

Monday, February 01, 2010  
Blogger Sean said...

Dear Anonymous, welcome to the world of sarcasm.... On a side note, a frosty does make for some fine dippin'

Wednesday, February 17, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home