... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Ramp & Roasted Pork Soft Taco

The new batch of ramps are in and my first culinary experiment with this mess goes south of the border for some soft taco action. I used some leftover pork tenderloin cut into strips and pan-fried with some pre-sauteed ramps. I served them on a warm corn tortilla with some green habanero hot sauce, sea salt, and mild cheddar cheese:
Sorry about the crappy photo, but I can assure you that this is quite possibly the best use of the potent flavor of the ramson that I have ever personally prepared or even--dare I say---tasted.

I think I have a new signature dish.

5 out of 5 Third Generation Mexican-Americans from Logan County.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Damon said...

When are you going to feature your famous tuna taco (no kidding)?

That was one to remember.

Monday, April 20, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Thanks for reminding me. Lord knows that I could go for some hilarious food right about now.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home