... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pepperoni and Ramp Pizza

The other day, I added some pre-sauteed ramps from the freezer to a store-bought frozen pepperoni pizza. Here is how it turned out:


While I found the crust to be a bit corn-mealy, the ramps gave just the right flavor kick to the sauce and pepperoni to make it a top-notch taste treat. This would be the perfect option for a pizza lover who is a bit shy about trying ramps.

I give it 4 out of 5 4th Generation Italian-Americans from Richwood.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Spike Nesmith said...

NICE!! I often use the three buck storeboughts to make pepperoni and haggis pizza, when i have it. It's awesome.

I give it five out of five "och aye the noo"s.

Thursday, May 14, 2009  
Blogger Damon said...

That looks mighty tasty. Unlike the previous food feature which looks like someone dropped a deuce in a bowl of luck charms.

Strangely, I have still never experience the flavor of ramps. Would love it if a certain friend from H-town would hook a brutha up.

Thursday, May 14, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

I'd mail you some, but after an incident where the WV Hillbilly (a real newspaper) mixed ramp juice in the printing ink and mailed it to folks across the country (including WV's entire Congressional delegation), I'm not sure if you are allowed to mail ramps anymore.

Fear not, though, as I still have some in the freezer. Just drop by the next time you are in the area.

Friday, May 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home