... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weetabix with marshmallows

For my latest culinary experiment, I added some dehydrated cereal marshmallows I bought at Amish Farms Bulk Food & Cheese in Flatwoods, WV to a bowl of Weetabix. Here is the result:

Wow! This is the best mix of England and America since, well, Canada!

I give it 5 out of 5 Slashes and Winston Churchills playing cricket while eating apple pie.

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

Where did you get the Weetabix from *gasp*??

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Some, but not all, area Kroger keep it in stock.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
OpenID miscmarci said...

Gasp! You can buy dehydrated cereal marshmallows in bulk? Holy crap, I must find these! :D

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
OpenID miscmarci said...

Gasp! You can buy dehydrated cereal marshmallows in bulk? Holy crap, I need this! :D

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
OpenID miscmarci said...

Whoa. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
Blogger All Click said...

Cool beans. I'll check mine, post-haste!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009  
Blogger Spike Nesmith said...

You make it neat wheat, mate... If you know what's good for you!

Some smart ad exec in the early 80s decided it was a great idea to advertise Weetabix by making them into skinheads. Bad idea. I've never been able to touch them again, since the day my morning breakfast leapt out of the bowl and hurled a brick through a Pakistani shopkeeper's window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeC7BZgusw4

Thursday, May 14, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Egads, I just watched that vid, Spike. No skinheads in my breakfast, please.

I prefer my cereal adverts to only be mildly anti-immigrant in a cartoonish way, like Lucky Charms ("let's get the Irish bastard and his frosted cereal, too!").

Friday, May 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home