... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, June 15, 2009

What's for Dinner: HP burger with baked beans and corn

This is what I had for dinner Wednesday:



I mixed the ground beef with a quarter of a vidalia onion, crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt, and fresh black pepper and fried it up in the skillet. I then topped it off with bacon, shredded mild cheddar, and HP sauce (there are also some bread 'n butter pickles under the beef). The sides are corn on the cob (duh) and Bush's Baked Beans (original variety).

The patties tasted great, but they I had to cook the hell out of them, as they were a bit too moist. Next time I would probably add less onion or less Worcestershire. I would also go for a milder cheese like American or provolone to let the flavor of the meat, bacon, and HP stand out more.

I give this dinner 4 out of 5 Likely Future British Burger King Burgers.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home