- The cat came back! I caught Mosby last weekend waiting for the food we'd been putting outside for him. After a bath and a couple of hours, he resumed his place in the animal hierarchy.
- My Z 10 O'clock News' crappy production value. It seems that their broadcast picture quality is somewhere between a thrice-copied Grateful Dead bootleg vhs from the 1980s and local cable-only TV commercials. There is simply no excuse for broadcasting Jessica Ralston in anything less than full 1080p.
- After bragging on Hal Greer McDonald's expertise in making McCafe coffee, I've had two bad experiences. First I got a piss-warm iced mocha and then a few days later ordered an iced latte with hazelnut syrup. When I took a sip and noticed no syrup, I pointed this out and the lady at the window acted like, you know, doing her job correctly was a major imposition. Back to business as usual, I suppose.
- Be sure to head over to the WV Hot Dog Blog and
vote astroturf for your favorite Moneytonland HDJ for WV hot dog joint of the year.
- My son brought back a cold from his grandparents and now I've got it. My guess is that it came from the quilt that some missionaries gave him, just like on that episode of South Park (j/k, but still, that town is still making me sick and I haven't lived there for 12 years).
- Homemade bread rawks.
- We're less than a month away from the new season of Top Chef and there are some logical folks for West Virginians to root for this time around. One of the chefs studied at The Greenbrier and another one incorporates ramps into her favorite summer dish.
Labels: Cats, Hot Dogs, Jessica Ralston, McDonald's, My Z, Random Stuff