... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Top Ten Favorite Beverages of the Moment

1. Pepsi Max--As much caffeine a the no-longer-available (at least around here) Vault Zero, but with a cola flavor and a ginseng kick. I like that this calorie-free drink doesn't use Splenda, as it leaves an odd aftertaste in my mouth.

2. McDonald's Iced Mocha--Hal Greer McD's makes such a good one that they might catapult themselves waaaay out of the bottom spot on my next ranking.

3. Home-brewed iced green tea with honey and lemon--I heart my iced tea maker.

4. Mountain Dew Game Fuel Horde Red (cherry-citrus)--I usually don't like soft drinks made with sugar/corn syrup, but the mix of caffeine and the smooth, chuggable flavor makes this one a guilty pleasure.

5. Coke Zero--Great taste, it just needs more caffeine.

6. Diet Pepsi--The best of the traditional diet colas.

7. Iced tap water--Can't beat it on price and refreshment.

8. 1% milk--Skim is watery, 2% gets warm too quick.

9. Any strong, dark roast coffee served over ice--My drink when I need to be less cranky in a hurry.

10. Vitaminwater Energy--My favorite of the watered-down Kool-Aid drinks now popping up in bix box store checkout lines.

Hon. mention: Frostop root beer, Coca-Cola, Diet Coke

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul Higginbotham said...

The McDonald's iced mochas are much better than they have a right to be. And they're addictive.

Thursday, July 16, 2009  
Blogger All Click said...

Iced Mochas???

Excuse me sirs, I believe these are your balls.

I totally agree with you the Pepsi Max front though. It's amazing that pepsi can make this great drink but also produce diet pepsi which is just foul.

Thursday, July 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anifan said...

If you find a place that sells Broughton milk (availability's pretty spotty in Cabell county), try their "super skim". It's fat free and cholesterol free but the taste and consistency is pretty close to 2%. The secret is that they mix carrageenan in it though, in case you dislike the idea of algae in your milk.

Thursday, July 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The McDonald's near my house can't make an iced Mocha for sh*t.
They always always mess it up.
I will have to try the Hal Greer one.

Thursday, July 16, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

Anifan: I tried the super skim once and it tasted, well, slimy. I guess being 1/8th Welsh isn't enough to like seaweed.

Anon: No doubt. Their food and service are kind of crap, but Hal Greer Mickey D's sure can make coffee. My guess is they get a fair bit of practice from nurses and doctors pulling doubles and folks showing up for early appointments from out-of-town.

Friday, July 17, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

I might've spoken too soon. I just had an iced mocha from the Hal Greer McDonald's and they didn't put any ice in it. It wasn't bad, but it was piss warm.

Fail.

Saturday, July 18, 2009  
Blogger Eric Wolfe said...

What, no love for Frostop?

Friday, July 24, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

The love is there, hence the honorable mention.

Note that I have a serious caffeine addiction, though.

Friday, July 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home