... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

What's for Lunch: Famous Dave's Leftovers, Part 1

A few days ago, my father was in town and swung by Famous Dave's in Barboursville to pick up some takeout. He got the All-American BBQ Feast, which meant that there was bound to be some leftovers (although not on corn, as they stiffed us on a couple of cobs, but I digress).

The next day, I loaded up my lunch bag with some of the Georgia chopped pork, a roasted chicken breast (with the wing still attached) a some slaw. I took the meat off of the chicken (except for part of the wing) and heated it in the toaster oven with the pork. I then placed the meat on my wife's homemade Amish bread and topped it with some Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy bbq sauce:



I was gonna eat the sandwich with the slaw as a side, but then I remember that I am a West Virginian, so I put the slaw where it belongs, on the sam'mich:



I folded it over and went to town, but I had to eat the last third of the bbq sandwich with a fork, as the stability of the bread had been compromised by the sauce, juices, and slaw dressing.

Good work, Mrs. James and Famous Dave. I give it 4.5 out of 5 coworkers disappointed with their Hot Pockets and bologna sandwiches.
.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home