10 Favorite Palces in the Huntington, WV Area
2. Pullman Square - I was certain that it would fail. I love being wrong about that one.
3. Marshall University - The memories are too thick not to get a smile every time that I walk across campus.
4. Walking path between Ritter Park and Harveytown Road - Flat & serene. Just beware of a-hole bikers and runners who think they pwn it.
5. Ritter Park - Whenever you see an arbitrary social science-y rating of cities, you can tell how much weight Ritter Park is given in the evaluation based on whether Hton's results are "post-industrial shithole" or "lots of open green spaces."
6. Julian's Market - I can't afford to shop there for day-to-day items, but this is the go-to place to get meat and specialty items that WalMart and Kroger have never even heard of.
7. Keith-Albeee Theatre - Nothing beat seeing a good movie in this old palace. I hope that it can be maintained for eternity.
8. South Side - A great place to take a walk.
9. Hillbilly Hot Dogs - Not the best hot dogs in Cabell County, but the most fun place to take the kids.
10. Virginia Point Park - The goegraphy nerd in me hearts that I can see three states from the NW corner of the park.
Hon Mention: Guyandotte boat launch (under East End Bridge), Harris River Front Park, Jim's Steak & Spaghetti, M & M Dairy Bell