... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Homemade Lentil Burger

I love veggie burgers, but I'm not too huge on paying damn near $1 per frozen patty at the grocery store. So after my wife made some lentil curry the other night (btw, it gets a rating of 5 out of 5 "The White Girl in that Indian Dance Troupe on America's Got Talent"s), I hads me an idea the next day.

Since it seemed to bind together nicely, I pattied some of it up and pan fried the result in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.



After it was finished, I served it with some knock-off American-made Parmesan cheese (much too soft and mild for pasta, but pretty good on a sandwich or as a snack) and some Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.



Overall, I wasn't a big fan. The lentils still tasted great, but they needed something more to bind them. Next time I'll likely add some egg white or mush them a bit to break the beans open. It also could have used a less-creamy cheese (I was out of everything else). As for the sauce, it just plain sucked. It was waaay too sweet and not spicy at all. Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle sauce is to serious bbq fans as Michelob Ultra is to Trappist monks.

2 out of 5 Good Ideas with Bad Condiment Choices.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger All Click said...

I love the way you have watermarked your images now. You never know who is going to exploit them.

P.s. Lentil burger? You remind me of someone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Ones_%28TV_series%29#Neil_Pye

Friday, September 11, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

The other day I noticed that Evil Twin's Wife was doing it and I thought "that's paranoid and pretentious." Then a couple of days ago I found a page that was using one of my more stupiderer photos in their blog without attribution. I mean I would understand (if not condone) ripping off a map, but this was a crappy picture of some food. Now I see where ETW is coming from.

Friday, September 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home