... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Top Ten Tomato Varieties

Here are my 10 favorite tomato cultivars:

1. Roma. The perfect tomato for all things Italian.

2. 1884 beefsteak. Discovered in WV, this thing is the size of a small European car.

3. Cherokee purple. So pretty, so juicy.

4. Mortgage lifter. Another WV original, this one is good for kids due to the low acidity.

5. Ida Gold. My favorite of the yellow and/or orange 'maters.

6. Mr. Stripey. Fun to say, fun to look at, fun to cut into, and even more fun to eat.

7. Sweet 100. My 3 year-old' favorite, they are very sweet and poppable.

8. Pink beefsteak. Its fleshy look makes any sandwich look like a zombie's sandwich.

9. Tomatillo. Ok, not a true tomato, but it makes for some great salsa.

10. Ugly. The uglier, the better.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Buzzardbilly said...

I bought all kinds of different tomato seeds for this year, including two striped heirloom kinds and black cherry tomatoes. Then, Mama got sick. Maybe next year I'll actually plant them. Curmy loves tomatoes.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009  
Blogger All Click said...

Tomato is a tomato is a tomato to me. I don't likes um unless they are in my ketchup or on my pizza. Not quite sure why. I think it's a texture thing.

P.s. it's a fruit (for the win!!) LOLZZZZ!!!

Tuesday, September 01, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

I hate the store-bought rubberized ones, but I'll take a home-grown variety any day.

Thursday, September 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home