Top Ten Tomato Varieties
1. Roma. The perfect tomato for all things Italian.
2. 1884 beefsteak. Discovered in WV, this thing is the size of a small European car.
3. Cherokee purple. So pretty, so juicy.
4. Mortgage lifter. Another WV original, this one is good for kids due to the low acidity.
5. Ida Gold. My favorite of the yellow and/or orange 'maters.
6. Mr. Stripey. Fun to say, fun to look at, fun to cut into, and even more fun to eat.
7. Sweet 100. My 3 year-old' favorite, they are very sweet and poppable.
8. Pink beefsteak. Its fleshy look makes any sandwich look like a zombie's sandwich.
9. Tomatillo. Ok, not a true tomato, but it makes for some great salsa.
10. Ugly. The uglier, the better.