... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Broadway is dark tonight

RIP GeoCities. Today Yahoo is shutting down the once glorious, now nearly forgotten free web hosting service fondly remember by 30-something internet geeks everywhere. In honor of my friend's old website, located in the "Broadway" city that was one of the first website that I ever bookmarked on Netscape Navigator, here is a song from that era by the Goo Goo dolls:



This makes me sad. Now where am I going to find cool chatroom portals, neato gifs, killer MIDI files, and Empire Records fansites? I'm gonna get on ICQ and complain to random chat person about this. :(

Update: Last chance!!! If you don't well up a little bit, then it is past your bedtime.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Spike Nesmith said...

/me is sad.

Between Geocities and AOL Press, I was a website makin' fool back in the day.

I need to find an eight-frame animated gif of a bear crying, STAT.

Monday, October 26, 2009  
Blogger Chris James said...

I was going to play a continuous loop of a MIDI file of "Video Killed the Radio Star" for 24 hours, but my wife replied with two words to that idea: "trial separation."

Monday, October 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home