Here are the analog and digital television stations that I can currently receive using an indoor VHF-UHF antenna in Huntington, WV as of October 2009:
- 3.1-WSAZ (NBC), Digital, High Def when available. Gets perfect reception 99% of the time.
- 3.2-MyZ (My Network TV), Digital, Standard Def. Great reception.
- 13.1-WOWK (CBS), Digital, High Def when available. This channel sometimes requires the antenna to be moved around a bit to get the best reception. It has a great picture for HD, but when showing standard definition programs, there is a weird offset with an overhang from the right side of the picture on the left side of the screen. The channel is also prone to skitching out during any sort of cloudy weather event.
- 13.2-Digital, Standard def live transmission of WOWK's Doppler radar. As with 13.1, sometimes requires some antenna tweaking. since it is just a weather map, however, perfect reception is not exactly necessary.
- 14-Home Shopping Network, Analog. No sound.
- 33.1-WPBY (PBS), Digital. Standard Def. Good signal. It is the digital version of the main WV PBS feed. Seems to show the same programming as 33.3, only in SD.
- 33.2-WV PBS.2, Digital. Standard Def. Shows a selection of less-popular and older PBS shows along cooking and DIY programs from Create, a lifestyle channel produced by PBS.
- 33.3-WSWP HD. Shows virtually the same programming line-up as 33.1, only in High Def. The nature shows are among the most visually stunning prgrams available.
- 36-W36CR (TBN). Analog, Standard Def. Evangelical Christian channel.
- 44.1-WTSF (Daystar) Digital, Standard Def. Evangelical Christian channel.
- 45-WQCW (The CW), Analog transmitter of the Portsmouth, OH digital channel. Weak signal, requires extensive antenna manipulation.
Labels: Broadcasting, Digital Television, HD TV, HDTV, High Definition, Huntington, Television, TV, WOWK, WSAZ, WTSF, WV PBS