... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Pan Fried Chicken Thighs

We got some boneless/skinless chicken thighs the other day at WalMart and I figured that they'd make for some excellent pan fried chicken, one of my favorite Appalachian dishes.

I dipped them in a mix of skim milk and sour cream (I forgot buttermilk) and rolled them in flour mixed with salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and Tony's. I fried them in a skillet with some vegetable oil on both sides at a high temp and then turned down the heat & covered for a while longer.

Here's the result:

Good stuff. Next time I'll make sure to go easier on the salt, but the sodium soaked in overnight and they were just fine when re-heated the next day.

I give them 4 out of 5 Col. Tylers.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home