... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 37 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Leftover pasta + ramps = WIN

After frying up some ramps in my usual blend of olive oil and bacon grease, I noticed a nice ramptastic film of flavor stuck to my skillet. In order to not waste the essence of the gods, I deglazed the pan with some more olive oil and tossed in some leftover pasta. After browning the noodles ever so slightly, I topped them with some of the ramps, a bit of kosher salt, and some Parmesan cheese.

Elegant but Appalachian. Kind of like that French war bride who worked in the shoe store in my hometown when I was a kid.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous dining room furniture said...

I have some pasta in here and I guess this is what I am going to do while I am not yet busy.

Sunday, April 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home