My grilled corn on the cob recipe
2) Get all porno on the ear with margarine (not butter, as vegetable oils work better in this heat than dairy fats) and season with any of the following: salt & pepper, Old Bay, or Tony Chachere's.
3) Restore husk to original position. This will allow the corn to cook a bit via steam before being finished off from the flames of the grill.
4) Place on hot charcoal (or gas, if you must) grill, turning every so often.
5) Allow the husks to burn off completely.
6) Turn the naked ears regularly to get a nice caramelization and serve with butter or margarine.