... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 33 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Songs of my life: fave five from 1980

Part 2 of a continuing series

George Jones- "He Stopped Loving Her Today"

David Bowie- "Ashes to Ashes"

Talking Heads- "Once in a Lifetime"

Pink Floyd- "Another Brick in the Wall, part 2"

Dire Straits- "Romeo and Juliet"

Hon mention: The Clash- "Hitsville UK"*

Note: I play pretty loose between album and single release, if applicable. Arbitrary lists are arbitrary.

*---Also one of my least favorite songs of all-time, depending on my mood.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger primalscreamx said...

I love the Pink Floyd song. My dad hated it. He was an English teacher and was sort of offended not only by the grammatical issue of the chorus, but by the overall anti-authority thing --which was weird for him.

Anyway, it was my intro to the Floyd. I've been a fan ever since.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home