... A Sour Apple Tree

Your source for fast and/or frozen food reviews, Huntington and/or West Virginia commentary, rasslin' (not wrestling) nostalgia, bad parody, dumb satire, rejected slogans, pointless lists, unreliable sports predictions, and funny local pictures.

Name:
Location: Huntington, WV, United States

I'm a 33 year-old guy from Huntington, WV.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Random crap I can recall

  • Dale Murphy being a shoo-in Hall of Famer.

  • 16 ounce bottles of Mr. Pibb, Mello Yello, and New Coke for $.39. I was beyond pissed when they jacked the prices to $.45.

  • Actually hearing it first on MTV News.

  • The NFL taking a distant backseat to Major League Baseball.

  • Chinese (well, Chinese-American) food being considered "exotic."

  • John Raese's political viability.

  • Old folks using "colored" and "negro" as genuine attempts at being respectful.

  • Chopper 13, a sweet news copter owned by WOWK before they went a low-tech & Charleston-centric.

  • Actually thinking that Charleston and Huntington were big cities.

  • Three football seasons in the late 90s where, if they had played, Marshall would have walloped a weak WVU football squad.

  • Marlboro cigarettes costing $1.59 after tax.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bartender Cabbie said...

When I was a child my Grandmother told me that the polite word was "nigra." I suppose that was the polite word for to an eighty year old in Mississippi in 1970. I went around the house calling people nigras until corrected by my mother. I was confused then and still am.

Thursday, August 05, 2010  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home