- I got to take photos from in front of the stage during the first three songs (I'll post the best after I sort through the 200 or so) of both acts. After I returned to the festival seating section, Grace Potter flicked her guitar pick and it landed in the narrow walkway for the photogs. Sadly, it was gone by the time that got to go back to take snaps of the Avett Bros.
- I overheard someone saying that Grace Potter has the stage presence & voice of Stevie Nicks. They are half right. Her mannerisms during the songs where she isn't playing piano or guitar are Nicksian, but her voice is sooo much better.
- I also heard several positive, if politically incorrect, comments about Potter's attractiveness.
- During the last song of the Nocturnals' set, they all beat on the drum kit. It made for a classic concert highpoint.
- My quads are still aching from all of the ducking in the photog walkway (I didn't want to block anyone's view for too long).
- I got a sweet GPN shirt for $25.
- Her set, overall, was awesome. I would gladly pay to see her as the headliner sometime. I figure I'll use one of the inevitable Xmas iTunes gift cards on some of her music.
- GPN's set: 4 out of 5 beers spilled on my shoes.
Labels: Big Sady Arena, Grace Potter, Live Music